Strict Standards: Declaration of McalendarControllerMCalendar::display() should be compatible with McalendarController::display($cachable = false, $urlparams = false) in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/controllers/mcalendar.php on line 86

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/controllers/mcalendar.php on line 22

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/controllers/mcalendar.php on line 23

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/controllers/mcalendar.php on line 24

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/controllers/mcalendar.php on line 25

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/controllers/mcalendar.php on line 26

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$name in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/models/shrines.php on line 17

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/nrnvguvu78sn/public_html/components/com_mcalendar/views/detail/tmpl/default.php on line 21

Related Books

Maria di Schiavonea, Frazione di Corigliano Calabro (CS), Italy

Commemorated on August 23
Maria di Schiavonea, Frazione di Corigliano Calabro (CS), Italy
In 1648, following a miraculous apparition began the erection of the shrine of Our Lady of Schiavonea or "Our Lady of Help". The village soon took on the new name of "Marina's Schiavonea." In 1850 Luigi Compagna had built to a design engineer Bartoletti, the "Square", which is used for exhibitions and event. In the second half of the nineteenth century were built brick houses. After work on the port of Corigliano, which began in 1968 there was a strong growth in construction in the seventies. 
 
Patron of the region is the Madonna of the Snow, which is celebrated on August 5.

History

On the night of August 23, 1648, as he watched the sea in the vicinity of the Church of San Leonardo and the Tower of the Dark, the Blessed Virgin appeared to him. The Virgin appeared sitting on a seat on the sea, with arms outstretched, calmed the astonished knight and declared to be the Madonna of Schiavonea. Then asked him to paint a likeness to His worship in the nearby church of St. Leonard, by the sea. Holy Mary repeated two more times his appearance before it believe in the reality of the visions and provide himself with what you requested. He was appointed a painter of Corigliano, a Scamardella, to paint a portrait of the Virgin Mary appeared.
 
 
 
The artist began his work in the church of St. Andrew, under the direction of the same Antonio Ruffo who showed him the details of the position of the Madonna, the shape and color of the dress. Inexplicably, and according to some even suddenly, he found himself face of the Virgin completed art truly sublime: it was the face of a Black Madonna. Simultaneously, the church bell began to play alone calling the faithful to see the face of the miraculous Virgin . After this extraordinary painter Scamardella no longer had the courage to finish the rest of the picture. The enthusiasm of Coriglianesi was great and their devotion grew more due to spread Our Lady of Grace. For several years, the painting was kept in the church of San Pietro in Corigliano, but in 1648 the painting was transferred to the church of St. Leonard, in the area of the Dark, which is now Schiavonea.
 
 
 
The Black Madonna of Schiavonea, in the painting on the main altar, can be connected to other images of black Madonnas revered in the world. They often have a mysterious origin and miraculous; several sacred images have many things in common, and often have some similarities: color, facial features, etc. ... A deeper study could demonstrate that many sacred images, they also source common. As time went on Corigliano navy took the name of Schiavonea.
 
In 1949 there were two thousand people who lived in Schiavonea: spiritual assistance, until then, had given a simple Chaplain-rector of the shrine, but it was not enough. Thus was born The new parish dedicated to St. Mary ad Nives: had the decree of the President of the Republic for the civil recognition that is dated December 9, 1950. The first parish priest was Fr Carlo Thirds, but unfortunately he had to leave early this activity to the state of his health. Meanwhile, however, had reopened the kindergarten that had been closed during the war and called Schiavonea the Sisters Disciples of Jesus Eucharistic Tricarico. Later, came the Missionary Fathers Ardorini arose and the missionary station ardorina Schiavonea.
 
 
 
One of the two fonts in solid marble Bordiglia.
 
Reprising his hand touching a snake carved on the inside.
 
A Schiavonea lived, then, 300 families of which 250 lived of fishing. 

Description

Founded in the twelfth century as a fishing village and harbor ("Marina del Cupo") for trade in agricultural products. In 1601 there was built the "Tower of Cupo" to protect the landing and there existed a stock (the "Tavern") owned before Sanseverino and then Saluzzo. In 1615, the inhabitants built the small church of San Leonardo.

he works for the construction of the Shrine of Our Lady to devote to Schiavonea began March 16, 1649 near the Tower of Cupo.
 
The Black Madonna had appeared miraculously to a guard torriera, a certain Antonio Ruffo said Antonaccio, he did paint a picture of the Madonna. It was authorized translation of the part of the church of St. Peter, near the Castle, September 20, 1648, and then the solemn procession with which, October 13, 1648, the miraculous painting was transported to the Church of San Leonardo in a multitude of faithful gathered also from the neighboring countries, where there was a rumor of the miraculous events that took place in Corigliano. With the passage of time and with the spread of the devotion to Our Lady of Schiavonea, navy Corigliano, formerly called The Dark, took the name of Schiavonea. The fishermen living in the coastal area that Cupo (the current Schiavonea), were in constant danger for fear of being captured by the Muslims, they built a church dedicated to St. Leonard, patron saint of slaves, to celebrate the Mass on holidays. The priests who celebrated in the church were many, but in 1647 it suspended the celebration of Sunday Mass because it was bought with stolen chalice alms of the faithful. In 1649, instead of the church of San Leonardo, will be built a church dedicated to Our Lady of Schiavonea.

As mentioned above, therefore, between the staff of the Tower of Cupo there was a humble sentinel horse named Antonio Ruffo, who acquitted his task riding along the beach and watching the sea in search of possible dangers.
 
 
 

Shrines

Resources

Additional information